Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Night in the City: Film Reveiw


The 1950 film noir Night in the City was written by Gerald Kersh and Jo Eisinger. This film was directed by Jules Dassin. This film was based on the book written by the writer of the film Gerald Kersh. This film takes place in London and narrates the life of a hustler, Harry Fabian (played by Richard Widmark). Murphy's law is certainly in effect for Fabian throughout this film as nothing ever goes right for him. Until, one night in which he believes he has the opportunity of a lifetime. He encounters the most famous wrestler of all time, Gregorious (played by Stanislaus Zbyszko), and his son Kristo (played by Herbert Lom). He intends to take over professional wrestling now that he has a "connection" to the most famous wrestler of all time. However, in the end, Harry Fabian discovers that he is only fooling himself.
To be honest, this wasn't the greatest film I've ever seen. I thought it was good but I definitely would not recommend to anybody. I thought the plot of the story at times was kind of dry and it didn't do a very good job of attracting the viewer. I honestly had trouble following the plot of this film and many times I had to stop and rewind the film. I would definitely not recommend this film to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment